Governance Analyst and Data Architect – Register of Health Establishments – Senegal
Location: WARO Senegal, Kenya, Cameroon, Uganda, Bangladesh Contract: 6 month fixed term contract Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Purpose of the role
The Business Onboarding Program team is looking for a new member to join them for a period of 6 months to support their implementation of a new program. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an NGO in the field of international development and will have the opportunity to further hone their skills in data management and analysis.
The Data Governance and Architecture Analyst will support the Senior Data Architecture and Governance Technical Advisor in implementing the data aspects of the program in accordance with the BIP Data Roadmap. They will contribute to the successful implementation of key activities prioritized on the program data roadmap in the areas of data governance, data architecture and related data documentation.
Specifically, they will contribute to the development of the health facility register, a key aspect to further develop GIS analysis within Sightsavers.
About the Data Governance Analyst and Architect Role – Health Facility Registry
- Expanding GIS pilots to all country offices where Sightsavers runs programs, working with country offices to create a register of health facilities (at secondary and primary levels) by following and improving the steps designed in the pilot phase .
- Cover all steps 1 and 2 of the process described in the appendix for each country, and step 3 on the presentation of results using ArcGis.
- Develop appropriate documentation for the activities of the GIS working group, including the development of the deployment plan for each country, in collaboration with the GIS working group and all relevant stakeholders
- Define an operational model for the BAU phase to maintain the Sightsavers health facility registry by creating a GIS focal point for each country, working with the SIS working group to reuse ideas raised during the pilot.
- Write the directive and associated documentation.
- Contribute to the definition of the data model underlying the register of health facilities, complementing the activity implemented to date. The data model must take into account all aspects related to spatial analysis (points/surface/polygons)
- Present the result of GIS mapping using ArcGIG
- Maintain a register of potential sources by country.
- Help maintain and further develop existing collaboration with WHO
- Assess the possibility of extending the register to other thematic areas such as inclusive education and social inclusion
- Develop the solution in line with existing spatial analysis expertise already present in Sightsavers
Data governance and architecture support
- Assist in the continuous review of data related business processes r on the production of documentations, guidelines, power point and related diagrams/diagrams, business glossary
- Support business owners in completing data dictionary and data catalog
- Create data governance framework documentation
- Track and document data domain business processes.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Graduate degree or equivalent qualification in a quantitative discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of the international development/non-profit sector
- Experience working with analysis software such as ArcGIS
- Track record of implementing projects in multiple countries working internationally
- Know the complexities of working in multiple countries and continents within an international development organization.
- Fluent English and French
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Graduate degree or equivalent degree in quantitative disciplines
Interviews will likely take place in mid-August 2022. This interview process will be a virtual interview.
How to register
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a confident leader in disability. Therefore, qualified individuals living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply and for more details on the role, please click on the Apply here and complete your application in English.