Digital production editor | Montana Free Press
In a word
Montana Free Press, Montana’s premier statewide nonprofit news organization, has an immediate opening for an accomplished and ambitious digital production editor to join our team at Helena.
Created in 2016
Annual budget: $ 1.2M
Headquarters: Helena, MT
Organizational impact in 2020
128% growth in the number of electronic newsletter subscribers
129% growth in reader donations (subscriptions)
525% growth in the average number of monthly site users
Montana Free Press is looking for a Digital production editor. The position will work closely with Editors and other managers to guide editorial copy and images through to publication on our rapidly growing website and social media feeds and to create and distribute newsletter products. by e-mail. The Digital Production Editor will also work closely with the Director of Audience Engagement to develop effective and timely calls to action for the website and other tasks designed to increase audience engagement. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, sharp organizational skills, a solid working knowledge of SEO, basic HTML coding and photo editing skills, as well as experience publishing stories in a CMS and conservation of social media platforms. The Digital Production Editor will be responsible for sourcing illustrative photographs from stock and public domain sources, working with freelance photographers and designers to generate original graphic content, and managing a digital media library. Some evening work is necessary.
- An adventurous technical spirit. Not intimidated by tackling something new.
- Experience with the back end of a content management system (WordPress is preferred).
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and web analytics platforms including Google Analytics, Google Trends, Parse.ly, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Creator Studio and Search Console.
- Experience in creating newsletters, preferably with Mailchimp.
- Proficiency in all major productivity suites including Google Workspace.
- Experience in creating graphics and basic knowledge of Photoshop.
- Strong search engine optimization (SEO) skills; experience with Yoast is a plus.
- Experience managing professional social media accounts and third-party planning tools.
- Exceptional editing / proofreading skills.
Starting salary scale: $ 40,000 to $ 43,000 with benefits.
This is a full time salaried position based in Helena, MT. The generous benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, a pension plan and paid vacation.
Montana Free Press is committed to diversity and encourages members of traditionally under-represented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQIA + people, and people with disabilities.
Details of the request:To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Digital Production Editor” in the subject line.